Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's the Little Things

Hello my lovelies... 

Alright, I'm sure it's no real secret that I've been down this past week. I won't lie, I've been feeling lower than I have in years and frankly that never leads anyplace good. And for those of you who have noticed and done your best to pull me out my funk I appreciate it and I love you for it. 

Thanks to my down mood lately I've decided I needed a bit of a pick me up, and I figured I would share it with all of you. So for tonight's blog.... it's the little things in life that make me happy, and I thought I'd share some of those with you.

1. Girl Scout Cookies. 
2. New Video Games
3. Pictures of beautiful women
4. Pictures of semi-naked beautiful women
5. Women in general
6. The alot monster  ( http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html )
7. My 6th and 7th period classes all having their homework today
8. The daily tweets from @emeraldfirefly. I know she's tweeting how awesome I am because she lost a bet, but honestly everytime I get one it totally makes my day that much better and I can't stop smiling for a while. I'm of the opinion that more of us should tweet our friends and tell them why they're awesome every day
9. My knives. (dear friends do not take this the wrong way) I have 10 or so pocket knives, most of which were gifts from my grandfather, two of which have extreme sentimental value to my family. One belonged to my great-grandfather and the matching one belonged to my great-grandmother. Both carried their knives with them all the time, the knives make me smile just because of their connection to me family.
11. Orange Pop. 
12. Old Books (like 50+  years old)
13. PostSecret
14. My Darth Vader Lego Minifig Alarm Clock (trust me, it's awesome!)
15. Awesome socks. Honestly... I hate dressing up, so when I do, I always make my day a little more interesting but putting on some awesomely colorful and entertaining socks. 
16.My Students
17. The smell of incense 
18. Hitting someone in the back with a snowball
19. Waking up with a puppy curls up next to me
20. The Golden Girls
21. Fish. Like the kind you keep in a tank, not the kind you eat.
22. Trips to the zoo
23. Baking cookies with my favorite 4 year old
24. Poetry (which might be why I have 20+ books of poetry) 
25. Comments on my blog
26. Comments on my fanfic
27. Getting new twitter followers who aren't bots
28. Beating someone at a game of Words with Friends
29. Gifts from friends
30. Decorating my room/home/classroom with pictures of my friends
31. Decorating my room/home/classroom with artwork and photography done by my friends (Seriously, when I get my own place I want to cover it with the work of my friends because they are generally awesome and talented people)
32. When any of my favorite webcomics get updated (You guys should check out Looking For Group, Girls with Slingshots, Questionable Content, Least I Could Do & Gutters. My 5 favorites)
33. New Action Figures
34. New Hot Wheels
35. Legos
36. Reading fairy tales to my little cousin
37. Sticking my head in at work and catching up on all the gossip I've missed
38. Hitting a bullseye on the dart board (without cheating) 
39. A New bottle of Vanilla Vodka and a 12 pack of coke
40. Cooking, new recipes or some of my favorites, I love it either way
41. taking pictures of my Roaming Gnome in awkward positions/situations
42. My grandfathers engraved Cross pen and pencil set. He got them years ago when he retired from teaching... before I was born. And on a recent visit he gave them to me... I carry them with me every school and I use them frequently... they always remind me of him.
43. New razor blades
44. My pocket watch. Like a lot of things, this was something passed on to me by my grandfather. He gave it to me years ago, and most days it is now clipped onto my belt loop and carried with me during the school day. 
45. My grandfather. This man has been the world to me since I was a little girl. He tells me stories about World War II because as much as he might have hated the experience, he knows that I love history. He passes on things that mean something to the family because he knows that they mean something to me and that I'll respect them. 
46. My grandmother. She has always been a huge part of my life, just like my grandfather. The two of them make an absolutely adorable old couple and remind me every time I see them what love should be like. She has also become that adorable old woman that talks to everyone and is generally acknowledged as a crazy old lady.
47. TV on DVD! one of my biggest guilty pleasures, I love watching shows on DVD and I have a decent length of shows I have available at home.
48. Saturday morning cartoons.
49. Sleep.
50. My friends, those people who love me despite how much of an ass I might be, despite how messed up I might be, and despite how down I might be. My friends make every day worth getting up for. <3 






Alright, that's my list of 50. And I'm sure the list will be continued at some point, but for now I'm leaving off there. What would you guys add? What's on your own list?


Love you guys, always. 
- Me.

2 comments:

  1. In the famous words of one, Dr. Calliope I. Torres, You. Are. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! You're one of those that hits people in the back with snowballs? Not surprised...
    Anywho, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete